It’s critical for business managers to understand—and empathize with—the distinct ways consumers are coping with the pandemic if they want to succeed in today’s environment.
Accordingly, Burke and Seed Strategy conducted segmentation research to provide a better understanding of people’s feelings, perceptions and changing behaviors during the pandemic era. The study uncovered 8 primary segments, reflective of American consumers as a whole.
Our rich illumination reveals each segment’s driving mindsets and behaviors—plus important details about what businesses in various industries can do to support them during this extraordinary time.
We invite you to complete the contact form below to receive more information about how our COVID-19 segmentation research can help your business thrive during the pandemic era and beyond.
THE EIGHT PRIMARY COVID-19 CONSUMER SEGMENTS
These unique groups vary in life circumstances, psychographics, consumer behaviors and the direct impact COVID-19 has had on their lives.
- Sample of 2,000 American adults, ages 18 and older
- Respondents must have shopped at least 3 of 5 key categories in the past month to qualify
- Sample balanced to U.S. Census data on measures of age, gender, income, and ethnicity
- Participants completed a 30-minute online quantitative survey that explored COVID-19 beliefs, experiences, behaviors, shopping patterns and more
- Qualitative research further illuminated the eight consumer segments via 30 video interviews that explored beliefs, values, worries, and decisions
Please fill out the form below to receive more information about our COVID-19 segmentation research—or to learn more about how Burke can help you with your own consumer segmentation needs.
For press inquiries, please contact Megan Nicollerat at email@example.com.