Runners have goals and performance expectations that vary widely. Their mindsets are different. Their motivations are different. Therefore, how PigWorks approaches and engages each runner must be different.
Accordingly, Burke conducted segmentation research to provide Pig Works with a better understanding of runners’ perceptions, behaviors, and experiences. The study uncovered five primary segments, or athlete types, reflective of American runners as a whole.
Our rich illumination reveals each segment’s driving mindsets and behaviors—plus important details about each segments’ goals and perceptions on memorable experiences.
Interested in learning more? Discover which runner segment you’re a part of by taking this quick two-minute survey!
THE FIVE ATHLETES
- Participants consisted of 2,017 adults ages 18+, all past Pig Works customers
- Must self-identify as a runner
- Completed a 20-minute online survey that explored psychographic attributes, needs and motivations, preferences, and gear spending habits
- Shared their most memorable running experience, which helped further illuminate the five types of runners
- Research was conducted for Pig Works by Burke, in conjunction with Xavier University
Please fill out the form below to receive more information about our Flying Pig segmentation research—or to learn more about how Burke can help you with your own consumer segmentation needs.
For press inquiries, please contact Megan Pokrywka at email@example.com.